Interestingly, I've noticed that many of the essays actually acknowledge things that I was always taught were untrue for most of my life. I'm also not completely sure if it was the prophet, the apostles, Church employees, other general authorities, or some other group who has authored these. So I still find some of them a little confusing and am "ponderizing" and "studying them out in my mind". I've found that following the footnotes is usually quite revealing and interesting. Take a look and see what you think.
List of Church Gospel Topics Essays
- Joseph Smith gave progressively more elaborate accounts of the First Vision Learn More
- Book of Mormon Translation didn't use the plates or the urim and thummim Learn More
- Turns out Brigham Young was just a racist Learn More
- Polygamy was not just to take care of widows of men murdered by the mobs
- Polygamy originated with Joseph in Kirtland, OH, to house maid, Fanny Alger. Emma Unaware
- Note: Footnotes on this are very interesting Learn More
- Purpose of polygamy was to "raise up seed unto the Lord"
- Lord capitulates to Congressional demands, changes mind on polygamy Learn More
- "Translated the Book of Abraham Papyrus" actually means "Channeled it" Learn More
- In spite of the teachings of generations of previous prophets and apostles, the Lamanites have been absorbed in the vast indigenous-American gene pool Learn More